An ODBC driver was installed on pauli.physics,jmu.edu.
- Download the zip file from mysql.org
- Boot in safe-mode (disables all ODBC drivers that make installation impossible) Hold cntl down during boot.
- click setup-
- shows drivers (only MYSQL listed-be sure to click on i or else you don't install it) -
- define USER DSN (set up mysql, membership )- choose the mysql driver -fill out form
- windows DSN name giovankl
- no other settings checked
- reboot in regular mode
- run access
- open a new database
- new table
- choose linking
- choose machine data source
- choose giovnankl (see 5 above)
NOTE: The program admindemo lets you set up othe DSN's
The table lists tables available I click on gold and can see the data.