JLAB CLAS MEMBERSHIP database
The database has successfully been move to JLAB. A set of online forms have been built using PHP as the embedded scripting language. These tools allow users to update information, data to be displayed, email to be sent and managers to make general changes. This platform can grow to accommodate other functions in the future.
Changing the database:
1) Change the history from observer to probation and check that the institute is correct. The original history has the correct dates based on the application.
2) Approve/Save the request (Sets the approved status in the Request table).
3) Check/save the box for removing requests. (Removes the update status from Person table.)
4) Majordomo needs email. List of probationary members provides email.
Probation to TERM
1) Add new history.
· Check institute
· Set dates (3)
i. End of probation,
ii. Beginning of term
iii. End of term as now
· Set status to term
· Enter approval date comment
1) Add institute to institute table status is observer using MSYQL control center (There is a New-notlisted choice in institutes.) Limited members can choose this and fill in a question to get the institute included.
a. Add person to person table
i. set Person.pendingchange to update/new
ii. Use database to generate a question list.
ONCE APPROVED ALL ONE NEEDS TO DO IS APPROVE THE SUBMITTED QUESTIONS AND IF THERE ARE NO MORE PENDING CHANGES CLICK AND SAVE THE DATA FORM.
The setting of the administrative institute is now the users responsibility. Each person sets his or her administrative institute.
The setting of the publication institute is done via the history form and is done by the database administrator.
Adding administration tasks can be done by simply writing a task as a php module and then adding this task to the admin table. The invocation jumps to the program so that no further program links need to be integrated into the software.
1. add the id statement and the php file to the tasklist
2. write the php program that provides the service.
3. Use newterm .php as a template
Person.pendingchange (New, Update, None)
New allows these people to be listed in the edit new window.
Person.privs (none, user, admin, man) [need to clarify none/user]
Person.updated (used to send out announcements for not updating)
Request.status (saved, submitted, deleted)
The box on the data form can be checked so that pending changes are removed.