LED Pulsers for MULAN
Preliminary Installation completed July 20, 2004
A team from JMU installed the final components.
Basic system (Click in the yellow boxes for pictures):
1. KAMLAND based LED boards (circuit).
· Small board that is imbedded close to the pmt. A mounted Led flashes in response to trigger pulses. The brightness is adjustable by changing a voltage (B+) .
· A simplified circuit shows the charging voltage B+ and the switches t1 and t2 which close on a trigger pulse discharging a capacitor through an LED.
· Pulsers are set to produce about 100 photoelectrons. This is a B+ voltage of about 8V. The boards vary a by few volts above and below the nominal value.
MAX rate ~ 100 kHz
· 100 KΩ x 22 pF= 2.2μs
1/τ = 455 kHz
2. Driver boxes
3. Flight Simulator
4. Fiber optic link and mounting of LED boards
5. Computer control of FS (MIDAS and DAQ)